about AO : overview
what is applied office?
Applied Office is a California business (based in Lodi, CA) that provides onsite training on Microsoft Office. Clients of Applied Office include Lodi Memorial Hospital, Teichert Construction, University of the Pacific, the various departments within the State of California, and the County of San Joaquin.
Applied Office's services don't stop at just training. If you need help with the design of a website, consulting for database development, or want to put together an exciting slideshow, Applied Office can help.
who is david diskin?
Applied Office is owned by me, David Diskin, a certified Microsoft Office "Master". I have over 15 years of experience training and developing solutions with the Microsoft Office System. I am active in the local community and am also a part-time instructor for the University of the Pacific.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 3.1, NT, 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, and Windows Vista.
Applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Publisher, Visio, PowerPoint, FrontPage/Expression Web, Project, and MapPoint.
Other Skills: Database design and implementation, Internet connectivity, network design and security, graphic design, and photography.
I have the following certificates:
- CompTia iNet+ Certification ?
- Microsoft Office User Specialist / Master ?
- Microsoft Certified Professional: Windows XP ?
- The Dale Carnegie Course ?
I am proud to be a supporter of the following organizations:
- Lodi Chamber of Commerce ?
- Downtown Lodi Business Partnership (DLBP) ?
- Pacific Tigers Athletic Association (PTAA) ?
- San Joaquin County Human Resources Association ?
- San Joaquin County Office of Education - ROC/P Advisory Committee ?
- California Multiple Award Schedules ?
- California Certified Small Business ?
I produce a monthly eNewsletter, Applied Tips, filled with a variety of Microsoft Office tips and tricks for users of all skill levels. The newsletter is free and has over 2500 readers.
I also have regular columns in the following periodicals:
- Lodi Chamber of Commerce Member Newsletter
- Downtown Lodi Business Partnership Newsletter
I was the co-author of an early book on using the Internet, Reach the Internet (ISBN 0-9656606-0-5).
Please visit Applied Office's list of references and testimonials.